Every Thursday we are featuring a Six Essentials post. Our fantastic blog contributors will be sharing what six items are key for them to have a healthy, happy and all-around really good day.
This week TJ shares what makes his day awesome. He has been working as a BODYJAM, Newbody and BODYSTEP instructor at GoodLife Fitness for many years. You can check out TJ’s BODYJAM New Release Week video on our YouTube channel. Here are his six essentials for a healthy day:
- Writing in my gratitude journal: every morning, I take time to write a list of 10 things I’m grateful for – whether it’s the big moments in life, or the smaller ones. It helps keep my outlook positive.
- Dance: whether it’s when I’m teaching a group exercise class or just dancing by myself somewhere, it’s a great reminder of something I truly love.
- Weight training: I pop in my iPod, lift heavy things and focus on my thoughts for an entire hour. I do my best thinking when lifting weights.
- Eating: I love food! Eating healthy meals throughout the day keeps my energy levels up.
- Laughing with friends: it can be dinner after work, a quick text, or a short Twitter conversation. I make it a point to stay in touch with the important people in my life.
- Playing darts: someone gave me a dartboard for my birthday and one day, I just decided to put it up and toss some darts at it. I’m a terrible player, but it helps me wind down at the end of the night.