Every Thursday we are featuring a Six Essentials post. Our fantastic blog contributors will be sharing what six items are key for them to have a healthy, happy and all-around really good day.
This week Richelle shares what makes her day awesome. She is an Internal Communications Specialist at GoodLife Fitness, and enjoys being active in some way every day. Here’s her six essentials for a healthy day:
- Eat a well-balanced breakfast first thing every morning – usually a multigrain English muffin with peanut better and a smoothie (banana, mixed berries, greek yogurt, skim milk).
- Drink LOTS of water throughout the entire day – it’s amazing the difference hydration can make with regard to alertness and mood
- Do something active every day – although I’d like to make it to the gym or out for a run every day, sometimes it’s just not possible. For those days I can’t get my workout in, I go for a walk at lunch time or do outdoor tasks (gardening, cutting the lawn, etc.).
- Wear face moisturizer with SPF in it every day – healthy skin is a good reflection of overall health
- Laugh a lot – no matter what my day brings, I try to make the best of every moment and laugh with my peers, my family and my friends.
- Unwinding before bed is key for me! Some of my days can get pretty hectic so I make a point to enjoy some ‘me’ time at the end of the day – whether that means reading a book or a magazine, having a glass of wine or enjoying a quiet evening on my back deck with friends, ending the day relaxed means ending the day right.