Lisa is training for the GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathon this Sunday, May 6th! Check back next week and find out how she did!
May 2nd, 2012
As I count down to my first ½ marathon walk (4 more big sleeps) I’m getting a little worried about how I’ll make out. My body hasn’t been quite the same since our 20k training walk 2 Sunday’s ago. Today it’s my hips that hurt – and I’m thankful that my colleague has a heating pad here at work that I can use as sitting at a desk all day does not help. I know that I haven’t done everything right as I’ve been learning how to train for this race – and will definitely do some things different next time. However, right now I just want to get to the race and be able to walk the WHOLE thing.
So I’m starting to contemplate my Plan B as, besides stretching and rest, I don’t think there is a lot I can do different for my body.
Plan B – work on the mind.
Being a cheerleader at heart I’ve definitely been the one offering words of encouragement to others. Now I need to learn how to use those words to convince my own mind to get me to the finish. Here’s a few that I’ll be using:
• My ‘cheerleaders’ who’ve helped me exceed my fundraising goal and raise over $2,100 for GoodLife Kids Foundation
• That my husband and I will both be racing at the same time, for the first time
• My walking partner Danielle who has kept me going
• Many GoodLife staff and members who’ll also be racing and have been raising funds for GoodLife Kids Foundation
• Quote, quotes and more quotes
• And honestly, I want to show up at work on Monday saying ‘I did it’
Here are a couple of quotes that I’m hoping will help me through – maybe they’ll help you too when you need some words of encouragement.
Wish me luck
I am not a human being. I am dynamite. Friedrich Nietzsche
I am here to live out loud. Émile Zola