Every Thursday we are featuring a Six Essentials post. Our fantastic blog contributors will be sharing what six items are key for them to have a healthy, happy and all-around really good day.
Our very first Six Essentials post is from Mandy C., a dietitian at a community health centre in Nova Scotia. She is the regional delegate for the Canadian Diabetes Association for 2012, and has been a GoodLife Fitness Member since 2005. Here’s are her ingredients for a healthy day:
- A balanced breakfast which includes a protein, carb and fruit or veggie. I swear I can’t start without it!
- My water bottle – I love to stay hydrated all day.
- Yoga! Yoga at lunch time is so refreshing. There is a yoga-at-work program at my workplace.
- The quintessential lunch bag — with a healthy meal and snacks inside of course! I find that if I don’t have this with me I have a greater tendency to not eat lunch on time or consume foods that are not as healthy as what I would bring from home.
- An evening walk or jog helps me relieve day-time stress. If it’s bad out, I’ll head to the gym for some cardio.
- 8 hours of sleep. I’m still working on this but it makes such a big difference in my overall health.