One of the things that we do at GoodLife is develop exercise ‘prescriptions’ for our members. While almost anyone can safely exercise, all people will benefit from participation in Group Exercise. The top two reasons are safety and efficiency. It is also proven that once people are included in a group exercise class they will achieve and maintain their fitness goals.
Personal Health Profile
- A fitness assessment is the next step in designing your exercise prescription. This assessment is useful to establish a baseline of your current fitness and help determine what sort of exercise you can safely perform.
- The assessment often includes simple measurements of your blood pressure and heart rate, strength, flexibility, body composition, cardiovascular endurance, exercise history, and goals and interests. A variety of assessment protocols are used and these are often repeated at regular intervals to gauge your progress
- A big part of your exercise prescription is what type of exercises you will do. A good prescription will include a variety of exercises and a balanced routine to build core strength, endurance, flexibility and base fitness first and then become much more specific to your fitness goals. These goals may vary, such as running a marathon, enjoying a ski vacation or lowering your blood pressure.
RPM, BODYCOMBAT, BODYATTACK, BODYSTEP & Cardio
Rhythmic movements using large muscle groups is one of the best ways to increase blood flow to the muscles and raise the heart rate for a longer period of time. These types of Group EXercise classes lead to improvements in the heart’s ability to pump blood through the body to the working muscles and improves overall cardiovascular health.
BODYPUMP & The Firm
Strength training is an important component of fitness and is one area of your exercise prescription that may vary widely from person to person. All of our programs will include the core and all the major muscle groups in various combinations working against resistance and building strength, agility and balance. BODYPUMP is the original barbell workout that strengthens and tones your entire body and our FIRM muscle classes incorporate all muscle groups using dumbbells and resistance tubing. Both classes are geared to all levels of participants from the beginner to the advanced.
Newbody is a multi level, low impact, cardio (aerobic) conditioning class that incorporates muscle endurance conditioning by using light,hand-held weights.
BODYFLOW & YogaFit
Physical activity is good for relieving stress, and this is particularly true of BODYFLOW & yoga. Because of the concentration required, your daily troubles, both large and small, seem to melt away during the time you are doing these classes. This provides a much-needed break from your stressors, as well as helping put things into perspective. The emphasis placed on being in the moment can also help relieve stress, as you learn not to dwell on past events or anticipate the future. You will leave either of these classes feeling less stressed than when you started.
- Frequency of Exercise: How often you exercise is an important aspect of fitness in order to make safe, yet continued progress. This prescription often starts with two to three times per week and progress to four to five times per week.
- Duration of Exercise: All our classes come in 30 min, 45 min and 60 min formats. You can choose what works best for your lifestyle.
- Exercise Modifications: A good exercise prescription is adaptable and flexible and can be modified often and easily while still moving you towards your goals. Adjustments are a constant and ongoing part of your exercise prescription for the rest of your life. You will find that you need to constantly change your routine, try new classes, take breaks, increase and decrease your time and intensity over the years.