It is normal to feel apprehensive and nervous about joining a fitness club. Many new Members do not have experience with how to use the variety of equipment available, the proper technique for lifting weights, or what a typical visit to the gym could look like. GoodLife Fitness offers a number of orientation sessions get new Members started on their way to fitness, including our Fit Fix Orientation.
If you want to take it to the next level, and are interested in getting a taste of what it’s like to work with a Personal Trainer, GoodLife Fitness also offers Personal Trainer Starter Packages for new Members.
As a new Member, you might never have worked with a trainer before and are worried that you are too out of shape to work with on. Your fears might be that the trainer will try and “punish” you every session, that the experience will be grueling and that you just might not make it through.
Please rest assured that this is not what will happen. Personal Training has evolved exponentially in recent years and our Personal Trainers are there, as professionals, to respect where you are starting from and to encourage and help develop you in an appropriate way for your level.
Personal Training Starter Packages
Every single new Member has the opportunity to work with a certified Personal Trainer for 3 or 6 initial sessions. The opportunity to start with a Personal Trainer at a major discount is offered at the time of joining only. (If you are an existing Member, I encourage you to take advantage of a Complimentary Personal Training Consultation).
Personal Training Starter Packages allow new Members to become familiar with the club and it’s equipment, be confident in the new program they are learning, feel taken care of by the Personal Trainer, develop a family feel within the club by coming into contact with many Members and staff, feel optimistic and hopeful about their potential to achieve their goals and get excited to continue working with their Personal Trainer.
Nearly all new Members can benefit from a Personal Training Starter Package. Even Members with previous experience can benefit from this leaning experience, as it encompasses lifestyle change and a review of technique and exercise foundation. This gives a greater opportunity to all Members to experience the benefits of Personal Training immediately upon joining.
What to expect in your first session
- A small discussion about your fitness background, current health, goals and expectations
- A cardiovascular warm up on the bike while conversing with your trainer about what will be coming next and in further sessions
- An introduction to our Fit Fix line. These are a series of strength machines designed to improve your muscular capacity. In the first session you will learn what they are and how to work them
- Short cool down and stretch
What to expect after your first session
- Cardiovascular work will start each session. You will learn multiple machines so that you feel comfortable with them on your own and can maximize your workout time.
- Strength work comes next. You will learn all the pieces in the ‘fit fix’ line and will feel confident guiding yourself through them on your own. You will also be introduced to a some extra exercises off the machines that are suitable for your needs and your interests.
- Flexibility will finish the sessions. Each session your trainer will introduce additional stretches to you that you can do after your workouts or anytime.
The Personal Training Starter Package should start within the first few days of your new membership. It is very important that the sessions be completed in an appropriate time frame. Three sessions should be completed within one week of starting and six sessions within 2 weeks (with at least one day rest in between sessions). This will accelerate your learning curve, start you off the right away with the recommended 3 days of exercise per week and allow you to truly experience what Personal Training entails.
If you are interested in joining GoodLife Fitness, you can try us out with 3 free visits. And make sure you take advantage of a Personal Training Starter Package when you join.